The AQCC staff is always interested in partnering with expert accreditation and quality professionals to expand our collection of leading training and educational products. Please get in touch if you’re interested in any of the following opportunities:
- Writing a column for one of our newsletters or being interviewed for an article
- Writing, reviewing, or otherwise contributing to a book
- Sharing sample forms and tools
- Speaking in a webinar
Email AQCC Editor Brian Ward at email@example.com with a brief statement that includes your areas of interest, current contact information, and resume/CV (if available). Also reach out with any other guidance, feedback, questions, or hot topics that you would like to see us cover.
Connect with colleagues across the country through our dynamic networking opportunities and events, which include:
- The Accreditation Specialist Boot Camp – Participate in this two-and-a-half day course that provides survey coordinators and accreditation and quality professionals with best practices for survey prep, training, and overall management.
- Forum – AQCC members have access to the Patient Safety & Quality Healthcare forum which allows users to exchange professional insights and sample forms on key topics such as patient safety, Joint Commission standards and experiences, quality, infection control, medication safety and more.
- Dedicated social channels, including Twitter.
To renew your membership, call our customer service team at 800-650-6787.
Contact our customer service team at 800-650-6787. To view your current account information, click on the green person icon in the far, right corner of the screen, and select “My Account.”
To search for newsletter articles and other content by topic, type a keyword or phrase into the AQCC “Search Site” bar, located in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
Note: If you're successfully logged in with your Basic or Platinum credentials, you'll be able to access all "News & Analysis" content; if you're logged out, locks will appear beside the articles.
Under our robust publication schedule, we publish content weekly via our e-zine, Accreditation Insider. At the end of each month, we publish high-quality, digital PDFs of full Inside Accreditation and Quality and Patient Safety Monitor Journal on the site and announce their availability for download in a members-only roundup email. Plus, members receive a monthly print issue of Inside Accreditation and Quality.
Basic and Platinum members of the Accreditation and Quality Compliance Center (AQCC) receive exclusive access to our complete collection of articles from AQCC's two flagship newsletters, Inside Accreditation and Quality and Patient Safety Monitor Journal. Plus, members have the benefit of searching years’ worth of archived Inside the Joint Commission and Briefings on Accreditation and Quality issues on the AQCC site.
- Log in by clicking the icon of the person (log-in link) in the upper right-hand corner of your screen and entering your credentials. If you're already logged in, the link will read "log out," and you'll see a "Welcome, [username]" message in the upper left-hand corner of your screen.
- Navigate to the main menu bar, located under the AQCC banner near the top of the page. Hover over “News & Analysis.”
- Select the desired publication from the dropdown menu. This will bring you to the newsletter’s landing page, where you can browse by lead story or issue date.
- To browse by lead story, click on the title from the “Articles” listing in the center of the screen.
- To browse by issue date, click on a year in the left-hand “Issue Browser” menu. An expanded list of issue months will appear. Click on a month to see the corresponding newsletter articles. To access the relevant full-issue PDF, select "DOWNLOAD FULL ISSUE" at the top of the page.
Members will submit forum posts directly in the PSQH site. You can, however, adjust your settings to receive an email alert when a new post becomes available:
- Go to the Forums section of the site, under “Networking & Events” tab.
- Navigate to the person icon in the upper, right corner of your screen. If necessary, log in to the AQCC Forums section of the site. Then, select “My Profile” from the dropdown menu.
- You’ll see a page that contains your Forums activity and a number of customizable profile details. Click on the blue person icon to the right of your bolded username and select “Edit Profile.”
- Click on “Notification Preferences” on the right side of the screen.
- Check the appropriate boxes to indicate which notifications you’d like to receive as popups on your screen and which you’d like to receive through the email associated with your account. Note that popup notifications will only appear when you’re logged in to the Forums and have this site section open in your web browser.
- Click “Save Preferences.”
Not receiving your requested email notifications?
Check your spam folder, and be sure that your emails aren’t in there.
If you’d like to post, comment and share ideas with your peers regarding topics such as Joint Commission experiences, patient safety, quality, infection control, medication safety and more, go to the Forums section of the AQCC site. It’s located under the “Networking & Events” tab in the main navigation bar.
You’ll be directed to the Patient Safety & Quality Healthcare forum. Here you can view dozens of discussions on a variety of related topics.
Note: You will need to register for the PSQH forum in order to comment or start a new discussion. To register, simply click on a discussion and you will see a red button that says “Sign In” or “Register” to comment.
Post a new discussion:
- On the PSQH Forums homepage, you’ll see a list of all active discussion topics.
- Click the “New Discussion” box, and fill out the title and body fields. To add an image or file to your post, click the paper icon in the toolbar, and follow the prompts.
- Click the “Post Discussion” box.
Comment on an existing discussion:
- On the PSQC Forums homepage, you’ll see a list of all active discussions.
- Select the post you’d like to contribute to, and scroll down until you see a blank form field. Type your reply. To add an image or file to your post, click the paper icon in the toolbar, and follow the prompts.
- Click the “Post Comment” box.