Free Webinar: Leading Change from the Bedside: Nursing’s Role in Patient Safety
Program Date/Time: Wednesday, March 25th at 1 pm ET/12 pm CT
Nurses are essential members of the healthcare team, and are charged with delivering patient care in an increasingly complex environment. How do we harness their expertise, insights, and compassion to drive improved patient outcomes?
What can nurses teach us about systems thinking and approach? This presentation will focus on practical ways to include nurses in the culture change necessary to drive improved patient outcomes and safety.
The session will focus on key strategies to assure nursing involvement in patient safety improvement efforts:
- Building the foundation of a safety culture
- Sharing wins and challenges transparently
- Developing a team approach to improvement processes
- Share best practices around just culture implementation
- Outline key strategies for involving nurses in quality improvement efforts
- Discuss standardized methods for sharing data transparently
- Give examples of patient safety efforts where nursing input is essential